• Current Service Member Information

    Did you know that active duty and part-time/traditional drilling U.S. service members in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard are eligible to receive one-to-one tutoring 24/7 at no cost through www.Tutor.com/military?

    The program, funded by the Department of Defense (DoD) and Coast Guard Mutual Assistance (CMGA), currently provides active duty, National Guard and Reserve service members with expert, on-demand academic support 24/7 through www.Tutor.com/military

    Eligible service members worldwide can access the online service from any internet-enabled device for real-time help in more than 40 college subjects plus standardized test prep. Students and tutors work one-to-one in a secure online classroom; no webcams or telephones are used. In addition to getting tutoring and homework help on-demand, students can also choose to schedule future online tutoring sessions and submit papers for offline tutor review.

    Grades K-12 children of service members are also eligible for tutoring and homework help at no cost. Visit www.Tutor.com/military/eligiblity for complete program eligibility details.

    Tutor.com has received funding from the DoD to provide online tutoring services to U.S. military families since 2009. Those who fund the program determine eligibility for its use. Program availability and funding is not guaranteed, and eligibility may change.

    Email questions about the tutoring program to militarysupport@tutor.com 

    Free online tutoring resource - www.tutor.com/military 


    Proof of Texas Residency 

    In accordance with state law, if you plan to register as a Texas resident, you must prove that you are legally entitled to pay in-state tuition. Documentation proving state residency must be presented at the time of application or readmission. If you have had a break of a year or more in education, you must again show proof of Texas residency upon reapplying for admission. The following documents may be submitted to document your eligibility for Texas Residency:

    Service member’s DD Form 4 for enlisted service members or commissioning document for officers - to verify Home of Record was Texas upon entry into active service

    DD-214 (if applicable) – to verify Home of Record was Texas upon entry into active service

    Leave and Earnings Statements for 12 months preceding semester of enrollment – to verify Texas identified as  

    State of Legal Residence

    Important note:  VA Education benefits do not pay out of state/non-resident tuition.  In accordance with Texas Education Code Section 54.241 (k) A person is entitled to pay tuition and fees at an institution of higher education at the rates provided for Texas residents without regard to the length of time the person has resided in this state if the person files with the institution at which he/she intends to register a letter of intent to establish residence in this state and resides in this state while enrolled in the institution and the person is eligible for Post 9/11 VA education benefits or any other federal law authorizing educational benefits for veterans.

    Establishing Residency of Military/Military Dependents 

    In order to qualify for in-state and in-district tuition, if you are a military service member or dependent who is a resident of another state but assigned in the State of Texas or if you are a Texas Resident assigned outside of the state of Texas, you must submit a letter from the commanding officer or from the individual assigned to handle such duty, verifying Texas as the state of duty station. This verification must be submitted once per year to Del Mar College on or before registration. Forms are available from the Veteran Services Office, the Student Enrollment Center and the Registrar’s Office.